While Governor Inslee has placed gyms in Phase 3 of his re-opening strategy—signaling a prospective opening date in mid-to-late June at the earliest—local authorities and business owners are petitioning an earlier opening. A huge kudos to Kevin Overbay & company (local leaders, business owners, legal help, and others) who are spearheading the possibility of resuming business earlier than expected. Stay tuned!
Whether Actualize opens sooner or later, it is important to communicate what Actualize has done and is doing behind the scenes to prepare for re-opening, and what staff and members can do when we get the green light.
What Actualize has done and is doing behind the scenes to prepare for re-opening
- Upon closure…
- Actualize froze all Actualize Sports (youth athletes) & Actualize Fitness (adult fitness enthusiasts) accounts, stopping all reoccurring billing. Additionally, all paid-upfront memberships (including trials and the Transformation Challenge) were placed on hold and will retain 100% of remaining credit for future use.
- Actualize began providing online training, resources and tools to educate, encourage and empower the pursuit of health, fitness and nutrition from home.
- Actualize began the process of deep cleaning and adopting new standards.
- In preparation for re-opening…
- Actualize will conduct a final deep clean before officially re-opening.
- Actualize is adopting new staff and member cleaning protocols to ensure optimal cleaning and sanitization (see below).
- The Actualize Fitness group class schedule will remain the same. Classes will open for registration through MindBody when a date for re-opening is provided. Classes will be capped at 25% of the facility occupancy (200 people) to start.
- Actualize Sports will resume training for the Summer quarter on June, 1. An email will be sent with more details.
What Actualize staff and members can do when we get the green light
All employees and members must sign a waiver upon their first visit back declaring their willingness to adhere to the following requirements:
- No employees or members exhibiting any symptoms of sickness will be admitted to facility. Stay home if you are ill.
- All employees and members will wash their hands or sanitize their hands with the easily accessible hand sanitizer upon arrival and frequently thereafter.
- All employees and members must wipe down machinery and equipment after each use with the readily available spray bottles and towels.
- Give them space—don’t be closer to anyone than necessary. We will start with a 6 feet rule and diminish the spacing requirement (and class sizes) upon the advice of Chelan-Douglas Health District.
- Sneeze and cough by turning your head into your elbow.
- Locker rooms will be open for use but limited use is encouraged to start.
- In order to facilitate contact tracing, all staff and members must agree to inform the facility immediately if they are diagnosed with COVID-19 or they become aware that they have been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
Stay tuned for our grand re-opening!
Thanks for your continued support, feedback and encouragement during this time. It’s an honor to do health, fitness and life with you!
Blaine & Jenny