Nobody ever said that it would be easy. Getting healthy is not a quick fix and staying on track is a lifelong endeavor. But, you may be sabotaging your own success and not even realize it. Here are 5 common habits that could destroy your healthy lifestyle.
- Beverages. Many are partial to sweet flavored beverages and gravitate toward sodas, juices and flavored coffees. The problem with all of these drinks is they are full of sugar and unnecessary calories. Migrate your tastebuds to water, infused water, and unsweetened coffee and tea. It may take a few weeks before you stop craving the sweet flavors, but you’ll thank me for this advice in the long run.
- Snacks. Stocking the shelves of your pantry with unhealthy snacks. Let’s be honest, if you stock the shelves of your pantry with unhealthy snacks the likelihood of you consuming them increases dramatically. Just stop buying these! If it’s not around, you can’t eat it, plain and simple. Don’t derail your healthy lifestyle journey before you even have a chance to begin.
- Hydration. It’s incredibly important to continue to hydrate yourself with water throughout the day. Water is an integral ingredient in a healthy lifestyle and overall wellness as it directly affects many of our body’s systems and how they function. At minimum, you should consume eight 8 oz glasses of water per day. If you are partaking in strenuous training, double that, and go for 1 gallon per day.
- Exercise Outside of Actualize. Your 30-minute (Metabolic classes) or 60-minute (Transformation classes) training at Actualize is a great start, but consider adding a few extra minutes here and there to increase your overall energy expenditure, fitness and wellness. Take the stairs, park far away from the entrance to a store so you have to walk a few extra steps, throw a ball around with your kids, take the dog out for a hike, conduct steady state or interval cardio work…just about anything that will get you up and moving around throughout the day.
- Sleep. Sleep deprivation plays a large part in your ability to control your weight and overall health. Without an adequate number of sleep each night, your body does not have the ability to fully recover from a workout, stave off disease, balance hormones and control the ability to lose weight.
Take your healthy lifestyle journey one day at a time, but keep in mind that it only works if you are consistent and dedicated to the end result in every aspect of your life. Get in touch with your assigned Actualize coach to talk more about your health, fitness and nutrition journey. We’re here to help!
Not a member of Actualize Sports & Fitness?
Are you a competitive athlete who wants to increase performance while decreasing the likelihood of injury? Click below to learn more about Actualize Sports!
Are you adult who is interested in transforming your health and fitness? Check out two entry level offerings at Actualize Fitness!
Actualize Sports & Fitness is North Central Washington’s premier performance enhancement training, health and nutrition, and mental achievement coaching center. We exist to educate, encourage and empower Actualize Sports (competitive athletes, teams & coaches) & Actualize Fitness (fitness enthusiasts of all ages & abilities) clients to actualize their unique purpose and potential in athletics, fitness and life.
Click here to hear what Actualize members are saying!