Staying the course with nutrition is often the hardest part of a healthy lifestyle change. And with nearly 80% of fat loss success being tied into proper nutrition, it’s quite possibly the most important part of the equation. One thing that makes it incredibly difficult is a lack of knowledge when it comes to recipes and the thought that it just isn’t going to taste very good. That’s why we like to provide healthy, balanced recipes once a month to help you get new food into your rotation. Healthy can be delicious and these recipes will prove it!
Here is August’s Food for Thought Recipe
We are smack dab in the middle of the one of the hottest months of the year and the only thing that sounds remotely appealing better be ice cold. Frozen fruit can not only appeal to your need for something cold, but the sweetness is a nice treat as well. Enjoy!
Froyo Berry Bites (Source: SkinnyMs.)
- Serving size: 1 cup
- Yields: 6 servings
- ¼ cup crushed almonds or almond meal
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 ½ cups fresh chopped strawberries and/or raspberries
- 6 cup muffin tin and liners
- Line a 6 cup muffin tin with silicone or parchment cupcake liners or add directly to nonstick muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, stir together crushed almonds, coconut sugar and coconut oil.
- Spoon a small amount into the bottom of each muffin cup.
- In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt and honey. Spoon 2 tablespoons into each muffin cup, covering the crust.
- Top with fresh chopped berries.
- Freeze until firm, about 6 hours.
- To serve, remove the silicone wrapper and allow to set at room temperature for 8-10 minutes.
Healthy can be delicious if you find the right recipe! Start a rotating list of your favorites so you’re never left without a plan. If you are looking for new ways to improve your nutrition, please contact us. We’re here to help!
Not a member of Actualize Sports & Fitness?
Are you adult who is interested in transforming your health and fitness? Check out two entry level offerings at Actualize Fitness!
Are you a competitive athlete who wants to increase performance while decreasing the likelihood of injury? Click below to learn more about Actualize Sports!
Actualize Sports & Fitness is North Central Washington’s premier performance enhancement training, health and nutrition, and mental achievement coaching center. We exist to educate, encourage and empower Actualize Sports (competitive athletes, teams & coaches) & Actualize Fitness (fitness enthusiasts of all ages & abilities) clients to actualize their unique purpose and potential in athletics, fitness and life.
Actualize Your Purpose & Potential