Staying the course with nutrition is often the hardest part of a healthy lifestyle change. And with nearly 80% of fat loss success being tied into proper nutrition, it’s quite possibly the most important part of the equation. One thing that makes it incredibly difficult is a lack of knowledge when it comes to recipes and the thought that it just isn’t going to taste very good. That’s why we like to provide healthy, balanced recipes once a month to help you get new food into your rotation. Healthy can be delicious and these recipes will prove it!
October’s Food for Thought Recipe
Sweet Potato Noodles with Garlic Sauce (Source: Kale Me Maybe)
Yields: 1 serving
- 1 medium/large sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raw sunflower seeds
- Parsley, for garnish
- Optional: Harissa
Ingredients for Sauce
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk/coconut cream
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- Peel sweet potato, and chop off both ends. Cut in half crosswise. Spiralize using a small noodle blade.
- Heat up olive oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add sweet potato noodles, and toss so noodles are evenly coated in oil. Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes until noodles are soft, moving noodles around frequently.
- While noodles are cooking, prepare sauce. Blend ingredients together in a food processor or blender until smooth. You may have to do this a few times. Taste, and add salt as desired, as sauce may have a slight sweetness from coconut milk.
- When noodles are done, transfer to a bowl. Top with sunflower seeds. In the same pan on low heat, add sauce, and stir until warm, about a minute or so. Pour the sauce over the noodles. Top with parsley and harissa, if desired. Serve warm.
Healthy can be delicious if you find the right recipe! Start a rotating list of your favorites so you’re never left without a plan! If you are looking for new ways to improve your nutrition, please contact us. We’re here to help!
The Actualize Team
Not a member of Actualize Sports & Fitness?
Are you a competitive athlete who wants to increase performance while decreasing the likelihood of injury? Click below to learn more about Actualize Sports!
Are you adult who is interested in transforming your health and fitness? Check out two entry level offerings at Actualize Fitness!
6-Week OR 3-Month Transformation Challenge
Actualize Sports & Fitness is North Central Washington’s premier performance enhancement training, health and nutrition, and mental achievement coaching center. We exist to educate, encourage and empower Actualize Sports (competitive athletes, teams & coaches) & Actualize Fitness (fitness enthusiasts of all ages & abilities) clients to actualize their unique purpose and potential in athletics, fitness and life.
Click here to hear what Actualize members are saying!
Actualize Your Purpose & Potential