Actualize Members with Myzone,
A big thank you to those members who reached out with concerns about “gaps” in Myzone metric reporting during workouts. In response, we reached out to Myzone to resolve the issue. The following is their response:
Sep 25, 11:10 AM CDT
Thank you for contacting Myzone!
I am not seeing anything wrong with the console its self to not be uploading the workouts in full. Are these members using the app while at the Myzone supported gym? If so, that is why it did not upload correctly, you should not have your belt connected to the app and the gyms Myzone console at the same time. Our server thinks you are trying to upload two workouts even though it is just one. The server thinks you are uploading a workout from the app and one workout from the Myzone console at the gym. The server will sometimes notice this and put the workouts together to upload as one workout. It also can upload as two separate workouts that are portions of the one workout, not upload the correct information from your workout or not upload at all. When working out at a Myzone supported facilty, after the workouts you should be taking the belt off, for the workout to upload through the Myzone console.
If that is not the case and members are still having issues with their data not uploading in full. It seems like there may be an issue with either the belt or the black module. When you wear the belt, does the device beep on (one beep) and off (three beeps) during your workouts? There may be an issue with connectivity. Make sure that the black rubber portions on the device are wet with a few drops of water (don’t worry, our devices are waterproof) before putting on the belt. Another step that can help is shifting the device to the left-center of your chest by a few inches. Once you hear the device beep on, shift the device back to center. It is also important that the belt be at a snug, but not uncomfortable level of tightness around your chest.
If the issue persists, test the device on a strap you are confident works correctly. That should tell us which component is causing the problem. If the module works properly on the new strap, your strap would need to be replaced, whereas if the new strap does not help, unfortunately it would appear that the module itself is at fault. The red strap is covered by a three-month warranty while the black module comes with a twelve-month warranty, so we can gladly swap out the faulty component for you if it is still within its respective warranty period.
- This is the first we’ve heard from Myzone that the phone app should not be connected while training at Actualize. To summarize above, moving forward:
- When training at Actualize, do not have your Myzone app open while training. When you are finished training, take your belt off so the Actualize Myzone consule can update you training session to your app.
- When not training at Actualize, have your Myzone app open while training.
- If you feel your belt or black module is not working properly during training:
- Before putting on your belt, add a few drops of water to the black rubber portions on the belt to increase connectivity. Don’t worry, it’s waterproof.
- Ensure your belt beeps once (on)
- Ensure your belt beeps three times (off)
- If connectivity issues persist:
- Shift the device to the left-center of your chest by a few inches. Once you hear the device beep once (on), shift the device back to the center of your chest.
- Make sure your belt is snug, but not an uncomfortable level of tightness around your chest.
- Let us know if you feel your belt or black module is faulty and we’ll work with you to get a replacement.
We apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused and thank you for your grace as we work toward the solution with you.
Thank you for your business and friendship!
The Actualize Staff