American adults are likely to catch the common cold between one and four times a year while children can be expected to contract the same virus up to 10 times per year. The fatigue, runny nose, coughing and sneezing is annoying and can last up to a week. If there was something you could do to shorten the duration as much as possible, would you?
Here are some tips to help you build up your immune system to ensure you’re in fighting shape the next time this annoying cycle of colds comes to your community.
- Exercise often. Exercise builds up the immune system, allowing you to fight off a cold more effectively. Enter Actualize Sports & Fitness!
- Eat right. A balanced nutrition program ensures your body is getting the nutrients it needs to keep it healthy and your immune system in top shape. Enter Actualize Sports & Fitness!
- Getting adequate sleep is something that most Americans have trouble with. The truth is, that if your body is fatigued before you are exposed to the cold virus, it is much more likely that the virus will have the ability to take hold and get you down for a longer duration than if you are well-rested.
- Take zinc tablets. It’s been well-documented that there is a correlation between the duration of a cold virus and the introduction of zinc tablets to reduce the time.
- Stay hydrated. Just as a lack of proper nutrition can lead to a weakened immune system, a dehydrated body is just as likely to contract a more powerful virus.
If your overall health is good, then you’ll be more likely to be able to shorten the length of your illness if not avoid it all together!
The Actualize Team
Not a member of Actualize Sports & Fitness?
Are you a competitive athlete who wants to increase performance while decreasing the likelihood of injury? Click below to learn more about Actualize Sports!
Are you adult who is interested in transforming your health and fitness? Check out two entry level offerings at Actualize Fitness!
6-Week OR 3-Month Transformation Challenge
Actualize Sports & Fitness is North Central Washington’s premier performance enhancement training, health and nutrition, and mental achievement coaching center. We exist to educate, encourage and empower Actualize Sports (competitive athletes, teams & coaches) & Actualize Fitness (fitness enthusiasts of all ages & abilities) clients to actualize their unique purpose and potential in athletics, fitness and life.
Click here to hear what Actualize members are saying!
Actualize Your Purpose & Potential